Tuesday, January 13, 2009

day #1

12th of January 2009.
Today I start with the polyphasic sleeping experiment. I decided to go with the 6x 30 minute rhythm and try the 2-6-10 o´clock cycle. This allows me to bring the kids to school in the morning and then nap at 10. also in the evening I can get them fed before 6, take a nap while they play a bit and then start the evening-going to bed-ritual refreshed. Well, the word refreshed is very strange to me right now at 4.30 in the morning on my first night. I just realized that I will not sleep it off tomorrow, after being awake almost all night.... it will just go on and on and on....(if I make it)....right now quite a scary outlook.

There are a few questions or "concerns" that I would like to examine with it.
1. does polyphasic sleeping affect my menstruation cycle?
2. I use to get a fever blister when I am under stress and in 90% of all cases it is triggered by lack of sleep. I wonder, if I can conquer this "habit".
3. Will the symptoms which I normally experience in a situation of sleep deprivation, be as strong or as present with polyphasic sleep, once I get adjusted to it (for example my skin often feels very tight or like sun burned when I´m over tired).
4. One of the worst things for me when I don´t get enough sleep is dealing with the kids! I´m not as patient as usual, noises get quickly on my nerves and I have a tendency to snap. I give myself about 10 days to adjust, if I turn into an angry and impatient mother
after that (more then I am already;-) I will of course quit.
So far I managed to keep the timing and didn´t oversleep. I think I will continue the blog entries by date...I have a feeling that I´d like to write more than once a day.... Feel free to write to me. This is my first blog ever and I just have to learn about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment